Saturday, August 7, 2010

Happy 25th Birthday, Ben!

For Ben's 25th birthday, Ben's parents took us to Corbett's, this really fancy restaurant near us that they have been wanting to take us to for a while. It is like a huge house and was so gorgeous on the inside, and it had this amazing stone basement where we decided we will have to sit next time we go.

We were brought barbecued duck with a ginger peach chutney on top before our meals...I'm usually not a big duck fan, but it was just a bite and all the other flavors made it really delicious. Then came my salad, with haricots vert (green beans), potatoes, olives, tomatoes, bibb lettuce, and hard boiled egg tossed in a vinagrette--very different, very tasty!

My main course was salmon- and mascarpone-stuffed ravioli in a lemon caper sauce. Delicious!

Ben got filet, of course, and Deena has the NY strip. Carl's fried chicken looked really good and I wouldn't mind trying that if I ever go back.

They brought us out a free dessert for Ben's birthday--coconut macaroons with ice cream.

Deena and I split chocolate-filled empandas with dulce de leche ice cream...mmmmmmmmmm!

As usual, we had a great time with the Kuhls and can't wait for the next trip back!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm... that salmon and marscapone stuffed ravioli looks incredible! I bet that was totally fab! I'll have to try that next time I go there. Glad you had a good meal- isn't fine dining the best???? :-)

    ReplyDelete