Thursday, August 19, 2010

5 Year Anniversary

I guess I should change my blog title from "Everyday Megan" to "Once-A-Month If You're Lucky Megan". *sigh* Here is a long overdue post.

July 30th was our 5 year anniversary! I can't believe how the time has flown by. I love my husband so dearly and am so thankful God brought him to me!

To celebrate, we went to Stoney River, a nice restaurant where Ben ordered take-out food for us on the night he proposed (Oct. 22nd, 2004). We got an appetizer of homemade chips with blue cheese. Ben had filet, of course, and I ordered beef ribs...if you've never had this (and I hadn't), it's like roast beef--SO delicious! Our server asked what had brought us in that night, and since he knew it was our anniversary, he brought us a free piece of chocolate cake...as if I could fit any more food! It was a fun dinner, complete with dinner questions ("In what ways have I rubbed off on you over the years?" etc.).

Thinking back over the* last 5 years, I decided to note some of the biggest milestones of each year:

2005: Married in July...getting used to married life and loving it!
2006: We pay off Ben's car--we're debt free!
2007: I get an internship at E.ON...where will this lead?
2008: We buy our first house...can't believe it!
2009: My job takes us to Germany and we travel all over Europe for 18 weeks!
2010: Ben gets a web development job he loves; Ben and Megan take over leadership of Bible Bowl!

...and who knows what the future will bring! We take comfort that God is always in control and he will provide all our needs!

2 comments:

  1. You truly have a blessed life! What a comfort to know that God is in control! I thank Him for your witness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "what ways have i rubbed off on you over the years" bet that got a nice chuckle!

    2011 - had twins?

    ReplyDelete