Saturday, December 17, 2011

Cooking

I made some fun recipes the last couple months. I had my parents and grandma over for breakfast one day which included a breakfast crescent ring and fruit salad stuffed into oranges carved like pumpkins:

How cute are they?? Just cut a hole in the top, scrape out the insides, carve a face on the front, and stuff with fruit!

I also made pizza with a cauliflower crust (yes, cauliflower!):

I've made this a couple times, and 4 different types of pizza. One was buffalo chicken, one was steak and blue cheese, one was chicken alfredo and spinach, and one was hamburger. The first time I made the cauliflower crust it turned out great - it was really thin and crispy, but easier to eat with a fork than to pick up because the toppings were heavy. The next time I made it, it turned out really mushy and impossible to eat without a fork. Not sure what the difference was...maybe it needed to cook longer to get nice and crispy. Either way, it was good and a great way to eat carb-free pizza! Give it a try! Don't be scared by the cauliflower...all the garlic and oregano gives it a nice flavor and you don't even realize it's cauliflower.

No comments:

Post a Comment