Wednesday, November 14, 2012

October - Tricks and Treats

We went to see Brian Regan in Lexington...we were supposed to go with Ben's parents but Carl was sick so we had to change plans the day of.  Luckily my parents could go at the last minute.  Brian Regan is my favorite comedian...if you haven't seen him, youtube him - he's HILARIOUS!  And clean.  It's hard to even re-tell his jokes because most of it is just the way he tells them, his body language and facial expressions.  We were so close that we got to see all of that up close and personal :)

October is also Halloween and the beginning of all the seasonal decorating madness in my house.  Surprisingly, I didn't get very much Halloween stuff out this year, but I'm sure there will be a Christmas explosion soon enough.  But back to Halloween...my sister had a craft night at her house, where I put Dollar Store thumb tacks into spray-painted Dollar Store foam pumpkins to make these (ignore the candle stands they are sitting on for the pic!):

A friend of ours made this adorable thing:

I wanted to take her home instead of mine!!  So cute.  Maybe next year...

At work, we had our usual chili cook-off and dessert contest.  And as usual, I entered both.  AND as usual, I didn't win.  I got second one time in dessert and third one time in chili, but the last 2 years the white chili makers have been winning out.  Maybe I need to convert!  My dessert this year was mummy cookies, but I didn't even get a picture :(  I did get pictures of the pumpkin-decorating contest that I somehow ended up in charge of and bought all the supplies for (again, Dollar Store - only $19!).  Each team of 5 had 8 minutes to decorate their pumpkin.  I must say, these were so creative, I was impressed with how they turned out!!  Here are a few of my favorites:



 The first one there, the pumpkin massacre, was the winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment